Friday, January 25, 2008

It's been a while, but my mind has still been moving IRL


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I recently watched Amelie and it reminded me of the greatness of creative minds. I forgot how inspirational this movie is for me.
If you haven't seen this recently, rent it again. It doesn't get old.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This is so mysterious. This the the house that I live in my mind.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Thanks for the picture Liz! I miss Rob so much. He was a great addition to the design crew 'round these parts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The ortolan is a delicacy in France. Its also illegal to eat. When they catch these tiny birds (about the size of your thumb) they poke the eyes out, and force feed them. Once they're plump they drown the bird in fine cognac and then roast it. You eat the entire thing, bones and all. When you eat it, you cover your head with white tableclothes. Some say to hide from God, but also because the bird is such a pure, innocent thing, it enhances the experience. Just you and the bird within this pure space.

Amazing and beautiful. What an interesting tradition.

No comments: