Friday, September 19, 2008

Granite

I spent all last weekend in a granite rock quarry. Here are some images from the adventure.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The bus was the worst time for me, but these two lovelies kept me company.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The stage was built only for this purpose, and was pretty epic. During the show it looked like the end of close encounters.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



It also reminded me and my coworkers of "a convention of faceless aliens"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The performance was beautiful because the dancers had amazing bodies and perfect control and form, but I thought that the quarry itself took the cake. The music was slightly improv, and gave the whole thing a relatively creepy atmosphere. It was rainy and cold sometimes, but overall pretty amazing. I have finally gotten over my work hangover.

No comments: