Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Politics and Boat/cars are cruisin'

Fidel Castro stepped down as President of Cuba today! BIG BIG DEAL Y'ALL!
I got these images of him from a lovely slideshow NYTIMES has..

do any of you check the NYTimes Slideshows? I'm addicted to them. Can't stop. Don't stop, won't stop.
but Fidel did stop, and I don't care what our nation has been saying about him, I think that he is a revolutionary man, and should, and will be honored 4 eva.

I want to go to Cuba. I want to go to Cuba. I want to go to Cuba.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


-Mr. Castro, right, and Che Guevara- in Havana in the early 1960's Mr. Castro overthrew the dictator Fulgencio Batista to gain power in Cuba.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


found this image on fuzzysquid and I'm not sure what its suggesting, but Kosovo declaring independence is also a huge political issue that this week is taking on.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And now ladies and gentleman:::::::::

the moment you've all been waiting for:::::::::::::::::::::::
the shipping car!
It can go from land to water, to underwater!
If I could read Russian, then I would be able to tell you something about it, but alas, I am but a measly American girl with knowledge of only one language and a translator on my widgets that only does one or two sentences, no paragraphs.

but seeing is believing. So see this and weep.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I love that in all these pictures, the people are super suave and stylish and totally photoshopped.

2 comments:

ELIZABETH E said...

i want to go to cuba too

Party B. Good said...

those photos crack me upp. thats almost exactly what i was doing all summer