Saturday, June 28, 2008

Spending Time Like There's No Tomorrow

Recap:

This is my friend/co-worker Emily.
This picture is from her birthday party where she served us all her home-brewed beers.
They were delicious. As were the kabobs and the friendly folks attending.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




I also went to Iowa last weekend. I hadn't left Minneapolis since Christmas and for my sanity, as well as to interview my friend for my project, I decided to make a quick trip.

Here is a picture of the barn from 1815 that my friend Will is living in currently. He is an organic vegetable farmer for Friendly Farms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



BUT.. before I got to this magnificent barn, my car's tire blew out.
I then had a police man help me put on my spare, that ended up being flat, and then drive me from the McDonalds parking lot on the exit my car failed by, to a city that was a bit closer to Iowa City, where Will met me and Mr. Trooper. The next day was then consumed by fixing my damn car. Here are a few pictures of the process.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Back to the positive, the barn is surrounded by greenhouses that are surrounded by fields that are on top of a hill that looks over Iowa City. Its kinda magical out there.. Fireflies and brilliant stars make a midwestern girl giddy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Although it would be great if Will lived up here so that I could see him often, it was great to visit his farm, and provided some much needed downtime.

3 comments:

nancynago said...

So sweet,

will n' his farm n' shit, not your car troubles.

terese said...

holly shit, hella downtime being needed i second that. and a farm and some wildlife is the perfect remedy! so happy for you dear!
lets walk in the grass barefoot soon.

terese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.