Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cabin Fun

This last weekend the troops headed North about an hour to retreat to Evan Drolet-Cook's beautiful cabin his father built in the 70s.

a lot of time was spent soaking up the warm sunshine though the window and watching movies by the fire. Here are some bundled cadets.
Photobucket
Hidden within the trees is the cabin.
Photobucket
Only once did I venture down to the lake because after the first day I started getting sick, but it was so beautiful! Here Sophie and Basil look epic in front of the sunset.
Photobucket
Natalie and Dora took off across the river as soon as we got down there, and then came running back toward us exclaiming that Natalie nearly fell into the ice! She found a spring in the lake and luckily Dora pulled her away just as the ice broke.
Photobucket
Evan brought his umbrella of course.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jake's a very quiet person, but super interesting once you get him to talk. He helped balance the weekend.
Photobucket
Double sided fireplace is awesome.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Evan taught Sophie, Claire and myself texas hold'em poker. It was very fun and after hours I won!
Photobucket
In the morning I was still up for cards. But solitaire as others were wrapped up in Scrabble, which is not a favorite of mine.
Photobucket
Claire is very dedicated to her words.
Photobucket
Evan very dedicated to his reading.
Photobucket
Basil and Jeffrey ringing in the day with a handshake and a screwdriver. (Anyone ringing in the day with Jeffrey would need a drink in hand)
Photobucket
Evan reflecting into Seinfeld. Very fitting for the man who dreams about watching new Seinfeld episodes only to wake and realize he's fabricated them himself.
Photobucket
And lastly, at Basil's request, a photo of him in my glasses.
Photobucket



Cabin time is so much fun, and just what I needed before starting my last semester at MCAD. I can't wait to visit this same spot when the snow has melted, I have a bachelor's degree, and the sun is warm enough to lay outside and ponder what to do with my life.

No comments: